An afternoon in Leura

A chilly Sunday today but full of blue skies and autumn light. Time to head up the mountain for some crafty browsing and co-op goodness.

First stop, Leura - one of my favorite places to spend an afternoon. Since we arrived in the mountains Leura has become just a little bit more 'crafty' which I love.  After a browse in some antique stores we headed down the main street for coffee.




A newish shop is  The Nook, a gallery featuring local Blue Mountains artists and crafty folk. There are beautiful knitted hats and fingerless gloves, jewellery, fine arts, and fun things for kids. I even spotted Sami Bop who I featured a while back when she was selling at Glenbrook Markets. 

Jewellery by Suzanna Coombes, available through Etsy and The Nook, Leura.

One of my absolute must visit stores in Leura is  Elizabeth Rosa fine stationey. There are leather bound journals, beautiful papers, thank you cards and invitations to die for. If you were a kid who looked forward to buying your school stationery then this is the store for you. 

And lastly, we drove one suburb over to Katoomba to the food co-operative. I shop here at least once a week for gluten free flours, nuts, grains, and organic vegetables. Every time I visit I enjoy it a little more than the last time. There's a friendly community atmosphere that we all love. Unlike the supermarket my kids are always excited and happy to shop at the co-op!

I hope you've all had a relaxing and fun Sunday. Don't forget to check back in the morning for Make it Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...