Balcony veggie patch update

We've added to our balcony garden after a trip to the school festival where we found lots of cheap seedlings. We added another row of rain guttering and at the moment it's free for new lettuce seedlings (apart from some basil). The zucchini is growing really well in it's storage bucket thanks to worm wee provided courtesy of the worm farm.

This is what we have happening at the moment- the weather is heating up so I expect some good growth in the next month or so. Hopefully we'll be making a salad from here soon!




3 comments:

  1. Looks so good, I love your setup! I have so much trouble growing anything up here with the heat and humidity (so many diseases to try and fight all the time).

    Basil... yum. Hands down my favourite herb - this, I do manage to grow, metres tall infact ha ha - I recommend it on a ham sandwich. :drool: Any kind of sandwich just about. Even my kids love it. Life without basil would be very sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We have a lot of bugs eating everything, and possums too. The deck has been great for that - no slugs or snails, and no possums (yet).

      Delete
  2. PS Don't think I've ever signed in before?? And don't update my blog much lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...