Hand Painted Canvas Shoes


Today was Day 1 of the school holidays so we thought we'd kick things off with a craft activity. I found some canvas shoes for $3.50 a pair at Kmart last week so today we went back and picked up a few pairs for an afternoon shoe painting session.  


Before we started I used masking tape around the soles of the shoes so they'd stay (mostly) free from paint. I used masking tape on my 5 year old's shoes to help create the design - this is a fantastic way to get a good result with younger kids because the tape does the tricky part for you.


We used a combination of fabric paint and fabric pens along with some stamps that I found at a market last week.





It was a really fun family activity and something different to our usual crafts. Have fun with this one - the possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

  1. I love these shoes! My brother is a tattoo artist, and I was once browsing through one of his magazines and saw shoes decorated with tattoo art. After a bit of big sister cajoling, he made me a pair that I LOVE! Since then, my kids have decorated two pairs. They call them their party shoes and were devastated when they grew out of the first pair. Such a great activity. Love your kids creations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey! I wish I was better at drawing so I could make myself a pair. The kids had a great time making these. My 5 year old son has already asked for another white pair so he can add to his collection :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...